Now that I have made it my priority this week to get back sewing, my first priority is to get my Doll Quilt Swap finished (or at least close to) this week. Then I can move on to deciding what to do for my Modern Swap Partner – I haven’t even gone there yet doh! Lets see if I can finish it for my Project 52. Did I really write that? LOL….
(PS If you want some inspiration check out the Doll Quilt Swap photo pool… WOW!! It’s all making me feel a little out of my league… VERY inspiring!)
Originally I was planning on this for my DQS10 partner:
with this fabric…
But it just wasn’t inspiring me to get started for some reason. So after further stalking this is what I’ve decided to do instead:
Still with Sweetwater fabric, but added in some solids as well and changed up the design. The first design is way more me – but that’s not really the idea of the swap… So I’ve changed my plan to something which is hopefully right up my partners alley. I have to confess that it hasn’t been that easy to stalk my partner this time!! Since plan 1 is me all over, I think I’ll make it for myself at a later date instead
I think I’m being a little on the ambitious size with all this tiny piecing!! Eeek. (Finished size will be approx 24 inches by 24 inches). But it will be a good challenge. Hopefully my secret partner will love it – that’s the main aim!!
Off to get busy sewing…